Saturday, January 21, 2012

Leave your cape at the door...


No, I don’t think that I’ll actually become ‘supermom’. After all, tearing off all my clothes to reveal my colorful superhero leotard all the time wouldn’t really be a financially sound decision. However, there are some days that I wish I had super powers, or the ability to clone myself, or maybe just a super-coffee strong enough to make me forget that I’ve gotten less than five hours of sleep a night over the course of the last four weeks.  More seriously- there are some days where I wish I was a more experienced mother, or I knew more single parents (yes, I’m including you custodial dads) or mentors who could offer me advice along the way.  It is a long, lonely road. And it’s exhausting. Did I mention…it’s EXHAUSTING? But it’s also worth it. My kids are worth it.  And that’s why I’m here; to share my research and experiences, and hopefully have an outlet for this whole insane experience that might touch your life in some way. Perhaps you might empathize with my experiences, or have advice or offer me, or simply be curious about the journey. Whatever your reason for reading may be; welcome. The camaraderie is free, just don’t ask me to change any more diapers. J

2 comments:

  1. Kristie,
    Have you blogged before? You are a *natural*--your voice is unique and strong, your pacing is fierce, and you had me laughing right away--you know how to engage your audience. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you- I have not. I don't even have facebook. I guess being a single female has made me very cautious about how I 'put myself out there'.

    ReplyDelete