Sunday, February 12, 2012

Let me down easy....

Okay, so no offense...but I am totally let down.

I expected that in my search for amazing single mom blogs to analyze I'd have no trouble at all. After all, there are tons of us out there, and I'm sure that alot of us have smart and entertaining things to say, right?

Buzz. Wrong.

I'm tired of reading about the dating life of single moms in blogs that are supposed to be about parenthood. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you that your libido is surging and you've found new found freedom, but isn't being a single mom supposed to be about the kids first? And doesn't putting the kids first mean not leaving them with a babysitter five times a week so you can practice all the new found tips your gossipy girlfriends are sharing with you?

Okay, I'm taking a deep breath.

There are some really rocking single moms out there, and some of them have instantly drawn me in. One night when I was particularly down in the dumps I came across Single Mom Survives; a blog kept by a 30-something single mom in Chicago. I was instantly drawn in by her harsh but super-real descriptions of her past relationship and her current struggle- and suddenly I felt like I wasn't alone in dealing with all the drama. She's been through the blender but still makes it through every day by remembering who she is and focusing on the needs of her daughter and empowers her readers along the way.

Girl, I have no idea who you really are, and you have no clue who I am, but I'm now a follower for life.

2 comments:

  1. So have you posted on "Single Mom Survives"? Let her know she has been found, read, and related to! This is the power of the blogging community; we can connect with one another in real time, sharing our ideas, or concerns, and create real dialogue that expands far beyond a classroom. Respond to a post...see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow way to stand out I like you blog not only does it show that you dont need a man to complete you it urges women to get on board the blogging training. It is important to know single doesn't mean alone when you have a child It means try alone until the right person comes alone. I don't have a child and I am not apart of the single mom commnuity but the powerful start gave me little insight and I am blogging about time mangement I guess if I'm busy alone imagine having a child .

    ReplyDelete